Allison has been a chronic source of inspiration into the vortex of going deep into wellness and discovering yourself. She is a marathon maiden for women's health, sexuality, and self-discovery. We first connected over Instagram! a few years ago as she was making her way to visit Kauai'i and needed some recommendations for places to visit and sites to see. One thing led to another and she ended up staying with me! Across time and space, I trusted her energy. She was a huge light at the very beginning of this company and I honor our connection and friendship so much. Thank you, Allison, for being here! Take a peek at how this spiritual athlete sources her force.
I’m Allison – yoga instructor, co-creator at Boketto Wellness, and advocate for women’s health. My inner source is guided by intuition and awakened through self-pleasure. I must constantly have a rotation of personal passions, projects and pursuits to keep me curious and inspired. When dormant, bored, or unenthused, my inner source becomes quiet, moody, and complacent. Keeping my source well forced reminds me of my capability, freedom, and wild creativity.
Practices, rituals and places that keep my inner source humming and alive:
1) INTUITION. In all things, always. The guiding force in deciding which opportunities and creative endeavors to pursue or leave behind. Some of the grander visions and ideas that I hang on to may not always happen quickly, but if the intuitive sensations and beliefs are strong enough, then it’s simply a process of patience, timing and steadfast pursuit to keep that vision within arms reach until all is aligned and ready to unfold.
2) SEX AND SELF-PLEASURE. By pleasuring the direct source, I can continue humming through the day to day with more energy and vibrancy. Intimate experiences charge me on both a physical and emotional level, allowing for a greater sense of confidence that shines through in my work and personal pursuits. Sidenote: cannabis lube – just trust me.
3) MOVING MY BODY. Be it yoga or whatever else that gets my limbs moving and my heart pounding, I treat it as my personal outlet for creativity, freedom, and self-expression. “Motion is the transition to freedom. Without motion, what is trapped will remain trapped. Be it our thoughts, words, dreams, trauma, and trials. To free then, we must move.” – Mindy Johnson @mindymoveit
4) USING MY VOICE TO INFORM AND INSPIRE. I, and we, are not here to remain quiet or be silenced. I believe in using my voice for good – to educate, support, inspire, and guide others towards living and feeling better. I strongly believe in women’s reproductive rights and period equality and am in pursuit of expanding the work that I do within those areas of focus.
5) NOSARA, COSTA RICA. A vortex in the Southern Hemisphere where thoughts manifest quickly into reality. This place immediately connects me back to my source, allowing for detachment from distraction so that I may find clarity within nature